- Grants are open to established nonprofit organizations, arts organizations, or other organizations involved in arts related activities.
- Applicants must reside or operate in Kern County.
- Grants are required to be matched 1:1. Grant requests should not exceed more than 50% of the cost of a project. Applicants must contribute a matching portion of the total project cost either in cash, in-kind volunteer time, services or materials. Clearly state the match in the request.
- Project outcomes should show clearly how the grantee will contribute to arts access, advocacy or arts education for Kern County residents or visitors.
- Organizations and/or individuals are required to become members of the Arts Council of Kern at the time of application.
Criteria Used in Awarding Grants
- Artistic Quality
- Does the project promote the development of artistic standards or enhance greater arts awareness and understanding in and for the community?
- Artistic and Management Capabilities
- Does the organization have the artistic, fiscal, marketing and management capabilities to successfully carry out the project?
- Does the organization have a plan to build audience participation?
- Preference will be given to innovative arts programming, especially in under-served and under-funded areas of the County.
- Meets Eligibility
For more information please contact the Arts Council of Kern
Click the following link to download the 2017 application:
2016 Grant Recipients
|Shafter Symphony Orchestra||$1,500||Shafter Symphony Orchestra Colours Concert|
|Kawaiisu Language and Cultural Center||$1,500||Go Native!2016|
|Boys and Girls Club||$1,500||Boys and Girls Club Performing Arts Program|
|Kern Dance Alliance||$1,500||Children’s Dance Education Event at the Fox Theater|
|Kern River Valley Art Association||$1,500||Outside In Program|
|Project Oh!||$1,500||Community Workshops|
|Owens Primary School||$1,500||Artsy Adventures!|
|Aire:Public||$1,500||1000 Wildflowers and the Women of Arvin, CA.|
|Run the Arts: CSUB Art Club||$800||Run the Arts Cares|
|Downtown Bakersfield Development Corp.||$900||Second Phase of Statue of Liberty Mural|
|Aliza McCracken||$200||Community Art Book Program|
Kern Dance Alliance
Talented Artists from the Wonderful Company
The ladies of Wasco Parks & Recreation perform a piano makeover thanks to a grant from the Wonderful Company.