The Arts Council of Kern (ACK) is committed to supporting the arts in Kern County. As part of our commitment, we offer community grants to local nonprofit organizations, up to a maximum of $1500. Applications are due by January 31, 2021.
- Grants are open to established nonprofit organizations, arts organizations, or other organizations involved in arts related activities.
- Applicants must reside or operate in Kern County.
- Grants are required to be matched 1:1. Grant requests should not exceed more than 50% of the cost of a project. Applicants must contribute a matching portion of the total project cost either in cash, in-kind volunteer time, services or materials. Clearly state the match in the request.
- Project outcomes should clearly show how the grantee will contribute to arts access, advocacy or arts education for Kern County residents or visitors.
- Organizations and/or individuals are required to become members of the Arts Council of Kern at the time of application.
- Grant programming must be completed by December 31, 2021.
Please download this pdf file for more information and application instructions.