Call for Artists – Keep Bakersfield Beautiful
Bakersfield Utility Box Murals
Keep Bakersfield Beautiful (KBB) is seeking artists to beautify downtown and the auto mall in Bakersfield. KBB will provide a $400 stipend for each utility box mural approved and completed. These stipends are available thanks to sponsors and grantors. Mural proposals for the auto mall must have an American car culture theme. Mural proposals for downtown should celebrate people, places, or things in Bakersfield or California. The KBB Committee would like muralists selected for downtown to create artwork that is cohesive with its surroundings downtown. Locations will be assigned after the artists are approved.
· The KBB Committee selects the artist(s)
· The KBB Committee and City of Bakersfield approve the artwork.
· Artists must create a mural with 3 or 4 sides (depends on the box assigned).
· Selected artist(s) must sign a City of Bakersfield Service Agreement.
· Selected artist(s) must finish the mural(s) within 3 months of an agreement
· The KBB Committee and/or City of Bakersfield will provide the following to selected artists; mural guidelines, encroachment permit, and other details.
To apply, please email the following information and attachments to email@example.com or drop off them off at our office, 4101 Truxtun Ave., Bldg. A, Bakersfield, CA 93309 by 5:00 PM PST on Dec. 1, 2020.
· Your name, phone number, email, address
· If applicable, your Instagram and/or Facebook name
· 3 to 5 samples of your finished artwork
· Rendering/sketch of mural proposal(s)
· Preference, if any for downtown or auto mall