Communities of Color Arts and Culture Grant Program 2021
The Arts Council of Kern (ACK) is committed to the representation and inclusion of our County’s rich and diverse cultural communities. The ACK acknowledges that some of our local communities of color have been disproportionately impacted recently by the onset of the COVID-19 epidemic and recognize that these impacted communities would especially benefit from allies and community organizations working to elevate their voices during these trying times. The Arts Council of Kern recognizes that representation matters and that art is a powerful vehicle for enhancing that representation and making communities more visible.
The Arts Council of Kern, with support from the California Arts Council, has created a re-granting program that will serve communities of color disproportionately affected by COVID-19 in Kern County. The Communities of Color Arts and Culture Grant Program is intended to aid BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) arts and cultural organizations to restart arts engagement in the community. These grants are specifically intended for BIPOC arts and cultural organizations or arts/cultural organizations that primarily serve communities of color.
Monday, November 30, 2020 by 5:00pm
COMMUNITIES OF COLOR ARTS AND CULTURE GRANT PROGRAM
PROJECT GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE ARTS COUNCIL OF KERN FOR AMOUNTS UP TO $1,500
- Grants are open to established nonprofit organizations, arts organizations, or other organizations involved in arts and/or cultural related activities.
- Applicants must be a BIPOC lead organization, or an organization that primarily serves and promotes communities of color.
- Applicants must reside or operate in Kern County.
- Grants are required to be matched 1:1. Grant requests should not exceed more than 50% of the cost of a project. Applicants must contribute a matching portion of the total project cost either in cash, in-kind volunteer time, services or materials. Clearly state the match in the request.
- Project outcomes should show clearly how the grantee will contribute to arts access, advocacy or arts education for Kern County with a focus on Kern County’s BIPOC residents and cultural communities.
- Organizations and/or individuals are required to become members of the Arts Council of Kern at the time of application.
- Grant programming must be completed by December 31, 2021.
For questions or appointments to drop-off applications
please email David Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org