- Grants are open to established nonprofit organizations, arts organizations, or other organizations involved in arts related activities.
- Applicants must reside or operate in Kern County.
Grants are required to be matched 1:1. Grant requests should not exceed more than 50% of the cost of a project. Applicants must contribute a matching portion of the total project cost either in cash, in-kind volunteer time, services or materials. Clearly state the match in the request.
- Project outcomes should show clearly how the grantee will contribute to arts access, advocacy or arts education for Kern County residents or visitors.
- Organizations and/or individuals are required to become members of the Arts Council of Kern at the time of application.
Criteria Used in Awarding Grants
- Artistic Quality
- Does the project promote the development of artistic standards or enhance greater arts awareness and understanding in and for the community?
- Artistic and Management Capabilities
- Does the organization have the artistic, fiscal, marketing and management capabilities to successfully carry out the project?
- Does the organization have a plan to build audience participation?
- Preference will be given to innovative arts programming, especially in under-served and under-funded areas of the County.
- Meets Eligibility
For more information please contact the Arts Council of Kern
Click the following link to download the 2020 application: